Wednesday, October 27, 2010

laundry secret

on saturday i wore my favorite white tee to teach zumba and pilates in. after class, i realized it had a lot of makeup on in from where i kept wiping my face ( i know gross). i soaked my white tee in bleach and it turned my shirt yellow. i was freaking out. i googled how to get yellowing out of whites and it said to use cascade. i tried it and my shirt was bright white. i am going to start soaking whites in the cascade mixture because it really made my white shirt bright and look like new. here is the mixture: 1 cup cascade filled with a bucket of warm water. soak overnight and then immediately wash with just detergent in washing machine and don't use bleach in washing machine.

seriously, your whites will look amazing!

3 comments:

Breanne King said...

hey good tip i'm going to have to try that...too bad I didn't know that before...

Morgan said...

I love that you just posted this because I got make-up on my favorite white t-shirt last week and have been freaking out because I know how bleach turns everything yellow! Thank you!

Lisa said...

What a helpful hint!! I will totally be putting this to good use! We miss you guys!